Friday 16 May 2008

3 Hours of Aerial Makes You Ache

That's a scientifically proven fact...by me...in shorts.

Well today is Friday, meaning it's the weekly 3 hour aerial session, including Martin's brutal conditioning exercises, and a day of filming. And with yesterdays technique session with Mish (she used to work with Circus Space if that sets the tone in anyway), there was a lot on the agenda for today.

Me and Gina got there early, well I was late for being early, but still earlier than everyone else. This was so we could warm up and get up there before anyone even arrived. it was a good idea, we had a good 40 minutes of cocoon and trapeze practice, and a bit of rope climbing, but then Martin insisted we all condition, even though he was late. I know it's benfeficial and improves everything about my body, but it fucking hurts.

Anyway after that was done it was back on there, all the time with my video camera at the back so we could make notes, most of mine consisting of "be more flexible" and "why bother, gina kicks your arse up and down that thing".

BUT there is silver lining, high points have included:
+ Perfection of the one knee roll up.
+ Putting together an actual routine, even if it's covered in flaws.
+ Lindzi teaching me some warm up tricks for 5 balls.
+ Working till I hurt, I can't help but feel that I've achieved something.
+ Teaching Gina how to climb rope, it's fun to teach.

So yeah, despite pain and feelings of insignificance it's been a cool session :). Lots of goals for this week:
+ Improve flexibility, the video and wise words from Gina prove that I have a dead flexible back, but have iron rod legs, I wish I could be more like sooty. (Having a hand up my arse optional).
+ Make the routine less clumsy.
+ LEARN 4 CLUBS PERFECT (Oh yes, the fury of caps lock was unleashed)
+ Make more progress with 5 balls, I've spent to much time procrastinating.

Anyway, all the best =) At this point it's just my mates reading this so names aren't as important. As soon as I'm happy with my routine I'll post a full video, right now it's a bit to shit for the public eye.


Vagabond

No comments: